Volunteers work to clean up canal
A group in Bucks County took advantage of a beautiful day to make one local hotspot just a little nicer.
The Friends of the Delaware Canal hosted its annual clean-up day on Saturday.
More than 50 volunteers had their hands full this year.
There is good news for the canal.
The state has recently approved a $5 million project to make repairs.
About 75 percent of the money for repairs is coming from FEMA while the state will pay for the remaining 25 percent, officials said
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.