"You're affecting families that haven't done anything to you," said Jones, a 34-year-old mother of five. Because of the shutdown, she was turned away from the Social Security Administration office in Newark when she tried to get printouts of her children's Social Security numbers to renew her welfare and WIC benefits.
Pa. warns long-term govt. shutdown may disrupt WIC benefits
Published: Dec 24 2013 09:50:32 AM EST Updated On: Oct 04 2013 08:47:02 AM EDT
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More Pennsylvania Headlines
- Survey: Disenchantment with Corbett leads voters to Wolf
- Is Pennsylvania ready to handle Ebola?
- Unemployment declined to 5.7 percent in September
- Prescription monitoring program will help combat drug abuse, Attorney General says
- Toomey wants tighter Ebola travel restrictions
- Stolen gun used in botched robbery of Pa. lawmakers, police say
- 'PSP Strong' T-shirt sale set to support troopers
- Pa. Senate votes to ban pigeon shoots
- Teachers, staff face tougher background checks
- Pa. court justice named as participant in AG porn emails
- Pa. legislator credits his gun with foiling robbery near Capitol
- Man charged in apparent drug overdose of boy, 9
- State police fear trooper's alleged killer looking to repeat
- Did child who allegedly killed have violent past?
- Boy, 10, charged with homicide in death of 90-year-old woman
- Fewer state police may be involved in Frein manhunt
- Casey calls for more money to prepare for Ebola
- Philadelphia International Airport preparing for Ebola
- Student arrested in connection with anonymous PSU threat
- Man's stolen prosthetic leg returned
- Penn State alerted to anonymous shooting threat
- Crime Alert, Berks companies aid troopers in Eric Frein manhunt
- Gov. Corbett orders flags at half-staff
- Nursing home chain to pay $38M in US settlement
- Police reveal contents of Eric Frein note: 'Got a shot... he dropped'
- HS RUNDOWN: Stroudsburg knocks off Becahi in EPC showdown
- Sixers top Magic in preseason game at PPL Center
- Lafayette falls at Harvard; Lehigh wins first game
- NCAA RUNDOWN: ESU, Del Val, Muhlenberg pick up wins
- Kutztown officially renames stadium after Andre Reed
- Royals excited for season opener at Wheeling
- Wilson WL, Exeter and Owen J. Roberts win league soccer titles
- Oley Valley captures BCIAA field hockey crown
- KU football preparing for big weekend against Bloomsburg
- Southern Lehigh wins Colonial League girl's volleyball title