"You're affecting families that haven't done anything to you," said Jones, a 34-year-old mother of five. Because of the shutdown, she was turned away from the Social Security Administration office in Newark when she tried to get printouts of her children's Social Security numbers to renew her welfare and WIC benefits.
Pa. warns long-term govt. shutdown may disrupt WIC benefits
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More Pennsylvania Headlines
- Philly man, creator of Mister Softee jingle, dies
- Democrats unveil revamped convention website
- Donald Trump has support of local GOP delegates
- Poconos community meets in wake of massive fire
- As Trump keeps rolling, what's the impact on local races?
- Reading man 1 of 3 charged in bank robbery
- 3 Franciscan friars to stand trial in abuse case
- Sanders, Trump win primary vote in Berks
- Firefighters making progress with Pocono brush fire
- Rafferty, Shapiro win nominations to run for Pa. AG
- Trump, Clinton win Pennsylvania primaries
- Trump wins across demographic groups in Pa.
- Pa. Democrats pick establishment's Senate candidate
- Indicted Rep. Fattah loses Pa. Democratic primary
- Sanders wins RI, vows to continue campaign
- Pocono brush fire destroys 11 structures; 1 person injured
- On primary day, many Pennsylvania voters steer clear of polls
- Pa. reports steady turnout; polls close at 8 p.m.
- Who local Republican delegates support
- Massive Poconos brush fire forces evacuations
- High voter turnout expected for Pa. primary
- Campaign traffic heavy ahead of Pa. primary
- Trump camp holds call with Pa. delegate candidates
- Trump hires Christie's top campaign manager
- 2 killed separate Philadelphia shootings
- KU softball ousted from PSAC Tournament
- Wilson streaking down home stretch
- Exeter honors 6 athletes at spring ceremony
- KU softball stays alive; Game with Gannon suspended
- Royals release 2016-17 regular season schedule
- Lehigh baseball sweeps Lafayette
- Toledo forces Game 7 with win in Reading
- Brewers rough up Eickhoff to avoid sweep
- Steelhawks cruise past Philadelphia
- Steel plays to scoreless draw with Charleston