Two men arrested in Maryland are believed by police to be behind multiple bank robberies in Berks, Chester, Lebanon and Northampton counties in Pennsylvania.
Heath Derizzo, 36, of Harrisburg, and Dale Mentzer, 35, of Newmanstown, Lebanon Co., were arrested Wednesday night by police in the area of Salisbury, Md., after the robbery of a PNC Bank in West Ocean City earlier in the day.
Both men were committed to the Wicomico County Detention Center on charges in the Maryland bank robbery as well as for outstanding warrants in Pennsylvania, police said.
Police in Pennsylvania said both men were involved in the following robberies in Pennsylvania:
- Sovereign Bank in Kutztown, Berks Co., on July 11;
- Northwest Savings Bank in Myerstown, Lebanon Co., on July 16;
- First CornerStone Bank in East Pikeland Twp., Chester Co., on July 18;
- Cihylik Farms & Greenhouse in Allen Twp., Northampton Co., on July 19;
- National Penn Bank in Northampton, Northampton Co., on July 19.
Officers executed warrants to search both the motel room where the men were staying and the vehicle they were driving in Maryland, but they did not say what evidence, if any, they found.