Gas leak prompts evacuation of Montgomery County school
A Montgomery County elementary school was evacuated Tuesday after a gas leak.
PECO says the leak happened at 2:30 when a worker struck a gas main on Allentown Road in Towamencin Township.
A North Penn school district official said Inglewood Elementary was evacuated to a nearby church.
About a dozen nearby homes were also evacuated.
No one was hurt.
PECO says the area is now safe.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.