Quakertown residents allowed to return home after gas leak
Several homes evacuated as a precaution; leak capped
Several homes in Quakertown, Bucks County were evacuated early Tuesday as a precaution as fire crews monitored a gas leak.
The leak was contained to the 200 block of North Ambler Street.
UGI officials say they capped the leak to make a temporary fix.
There is no danger to surrounding homes, officials said.
About 50 displaced residents were allowed to return to their homes around 6:30 a.m.
Fire companies responded around 1:30 Tuesday morning.
Glenwood Avenue between North Ambler and North Penrose streets will be closed most of Tuesday so utility crews can repair the line.
Copyright 2013 WFMZ. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.