ELDRED TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Tonight a Monroe County community is reeling from a deadly shooting.
Unfortunately, we've been down this road before.
The shooting last night in Eldred Township happened just a few miles away from the shooting at the Ross Township Municipal Building last August.
Tonight we're hearing from the daughter-in-law of the man who allegedly pulled the trigger in Eldred Township.
Christina Flyte says her father in law had a violent temper made worse by drugs.
She says when she heard about the shooting, she was shocked but not surprised.
"He has been very nasty in his life. He goes by the nickname Madman, is what he was, and it just got worse with the drugs," said Flyte.
The madman Christina Flyte is speaking of is her father in law Garry Flyte.
Police say around 7 Wednesday night Flyte walked into his neighbors' Miexell Valley Road, Eldred Township home and opened fire.
30 year old Steven Powell was shot in the front room. His stepfather Jeffrey Place and the family dog were shot on the enclosed porch.
Police say Flyte used the family's phone to call 911 afterward.
Place died at his home..Powell at the hospital.
The murders stunned this quiet Monroe County Neighborhood.
Several neighbors speak of Place and Powell like they're members of their family, saying Place was hardworking and friendly...and Powell, who was mentally disabled, was always looking to help others.
But ask neighbors about Flyte and you'll get a different set of descriptors..
Angry. Paranoid. Erratic. Drug addicted.
"He's been under methamphetamines we have told the state police about it we have told them what was in the home we told them that at one time we thought they were making it in the home," said Flyte.
Christina says her family is heartbroken for the family if the victims...
Investigators have not released a motive for the shooting.
Flyte is now being held without
A 22-year-old man is fighting for his life after being shot and left for dead on a road in Schuylkill County.Read More »
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- AG: Nearly 30K pills stolen by pharmacy assistant in Tamaqua
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital
- Pocono Mountain Regional Police bid farewell to K9 Niko
- Search continues for man accused of beating dad to death
- Police searching for man accused of killing father in Schuylkill
- Updated Early morning rain, then turning mostly sunny, less humid today
- Updated 2 displaced after fire in Exeter Twp.
- Police: Man shot, left for dead on road in Schuylkill County
- Baseballtown highlights National Hall of Famers who played at ballpark
- Crash snarls rush hour traffic on I-78 in Allentown
- 'Faces of Reading' creators seek help to showcase exhibit
- Protesters want gas drillers to pay extraction tax in Pa.
- Workers help NJ woman find prized necklace in trash
- Is Camp David's future as presidential retreat in jeopardy?
- Veterans memorial gets fresh look ahead of Independence Day