ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Allentown police responded to a shooting in the city Monday night.
The incident occurred shortly before 8 p.m. in the area of Sixth and Washington streets.
Behind a home at 622 Washington Street, a man in his 20s was shot in the torso, according to police. He was transported to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest.
The alleged shooter went back into the home.
Police surrounded the home and sealed off the surrounding block with crime scene tape, according to a 69 News crew.
Police said the alleged shooter exited the home and surrendered to authorities.
According to police, the incident may have began as a dispute over child custody.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome