EASTON, Pa. - A public plea by authorities in Northampton County has prompted three additional women to come forward with claims against an alleged serial rapist, said District Attorney John Morganelli.
The district attorney held a news conference Wednesday, asking anyone who may have been victimized by David Martinez to come forward.
Since then, Morganelli said three women have contacted his office with allegations against Martinez, 20, of Bethlehem.
Martinez has already admitted to raping a 14-year-old girl and a 17-year-old girl inside his home in the 700 block of Maple Street. He met both girls on Facebook, officials said.
"There may be other victims out there," Martinez told police, Morganelli said.
Martinez also told police he is a sex addict and could not control himself; when he was in the presence of a woman, he felt compelled to have sex with her, officials said.
The rape of the 14-year-old took place in February 2012; the rape of the 17-year-old took place last September, officials said.
Martinez is being held in the Northampton County Prison.
Officials continue to look for any other possible victims. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Moses Miller at 610-997-7674 or the Northampton County district attorney's office at 610-559-3020.
Allentown, PA 18102