MOUNTVILLE, Pa. - The Field of Screams' first-ever "Zombie Fun Run" is being billed by organizers as a "huge success."
The event on Saturday featured several hundred runners attempting to traverse a 5K course without becoming victims of "hungry zombies."
"Great obstacles," said one participant. "Everything was well planned out and allowed you to be challenged but have fun. I will be back next year."
A portion of each registration was set aside for the Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition, raising $3,500 for the group's efforts of representing, supporting and serving breast cancer survivors and their families through educational programming, legislative advocacy and research grants.
Details for the second annual Zombie Fun Run have not yet been announced.
President will sign executive order ahead of Harrisburg rally.Read More »
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Medical marijuana licensing draws hundreds of applicants
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Fight brews in Pennsylvania Senate over Planned Parenthood
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading