LANCASTER, Pa. - Two young girls are being treated for serious burns they suffered in a fire that broke out in their bedroom as they slept.
The girls, ages 5 and 8, were carried out of the burning room early Tuesday by their father, according to Lancaster fire officials. He then went back into the home in the 100 block of South Ann Street to try to contain the flames before fire crews arrived.
Investigators said the fire started just a few feet from the older girl, who suffered more severe injuries.
The girls were taken to a burn center near Allentown for treatment.
State police have ruled the fire an accident. They blamed it on an electrical problem.
A lawyer for the former Pennsylvania attorney general convicted of leaking secret information then lying about it said the special prosecutor who investigated her had too much power.Read More »
- Victims' needs surveys open in Pennsylvania
- GIANT named best grocery store in Pennsylvania
- Gov. Wolf asks Trump for federal support in opioid crisis
- GOP field grows to 4 to run for Pa. lieutenant governor
- Gerrymandering case sows doubt in big year for House races
- Silgan Containers creates new jobs in Lehigh Valley
- Updated Whiteout on I-78: Truck barrels through stopped traffic
- Former Parkland HS teacher sentenced for sexual relationship with student
- Businesses shovel out after snow blankets the Poconos
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Updated Footprints in the snow lead police to alleged burglar
- Updated Lawyer for convicted AG: Investigator had too much power
- Updated Free radon test kits available to Lehigh Valley residents
- Updated Victims' needs surveys open in Pennsylvania
- Updated Pennsylvania's first medical marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Updated Snowfall totals in Berks: How much snow did you get?