69-WFMZ-TV was proud to take home nine awards from the Pennsylvania Associated Press Broadcast Association's annual awards banquet Friday night.
The PAPBA serves as the link between the AP and its member television and radio stations in Pennsylvania.
The Associated Press is a not-for-profit news cooperative representing 1,400 newspapers and 5,000 broadcast stations in the United States.
Check out this year's list of the station's awards below:
Best Series (1st place): "On The Run With 69 News" (Gina Johnson and Zane Shupp)
Best Investigative Reporting (1st place): "Lead in Schools and Homes: A Hidden Danger Revealed" (Hilary Lane and Casey Killian)
Best Public Service (1st place): "2016 Freddy Awards"
Best Feature (2nd place): "Police Officer Creates Christmas Miracle" (Emma Wright and Zane Shupp)
Best Sports Feature (1st place): "Breaking Barriers: The Greatest Game Never Played" (Chandi Lowry and Casey Killian)
Best Sportscast (2nd place): "The Big Ticket"
Best Regularly Scheduled News or Sports Talk Program (2nd place): "Business Matters"
Best Reporter/Anchor (1st place): Hilary Lane
Best Newscast (2nd place): Colleen Schmitt
Thank you to all our viewers and staff for such a remarkable achievement.
Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge has returned to his home in suburban Washington D.C., nearly a month after suffering a heart attack.Read More »
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- 'Meat-farm' dogs given 2nd chance at life, up for adoption
- Police: Estranged husband kills wife, self on PSU campus
- Allentown State Hospital closer to sale of its grounds
- Casino owners to get first shot to bid on new mini-licenses
- Pa. Legislature exits 2017 with flurry of votes, defeats
- Updated Trio of suspicious fires have Hunterdon County authorities alarmed
- Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Family describes Jamie Metzger's life at time of disappearance
- Health Beat: Cesium for prostate cancer
- Arts Around Town: Demkee marks 40 years as Allentown Band conductor
- Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator