69-WFMZ-TV was proud to take home nine awards from the Pennsylvania Associated Press Broadcast Association's annual awards banquet Friday night.
The PAPBA serves as the link between the AP and its member television and radio stations in Pennsylvania.
The Associated Press is a not-for-profit news cooperative representing 1,400 newspapers and 5,000 broadcast stations in the United States.
Check out this year's list of the station's awards below:
Best Series (1st place): "On The Run With 69 News" (Gina Johnson and Zane Shupp)
Best Investigative Reporting (1st place): "Lead in Schools and Homes: A Hidden Danger Revealed" (Hilary Lane and Casey Killian)
Best Public Service (1st place): "2016 Freddy Awards"
Best Feature (2nd place): "Police Officer Creates Christmas Miracle" (Emma Wright and Zane Shupp)
Best Sports Feature (1st place): "Breaking Barriers: The Greatest Game Never Played" (Chandi Lowry and Casey Killian)
Best Sportscast (2nd place): "The Big Ticket"
Best Regularly Scheduled News or Sports Talk Program (2nd place): "Business Matters"
Best Reporter/Anchor (1st place): Hilary Lane
Best Newscast (2nd place): Colleen Schmitt
Thank you to all our viewers and staff for such a remarkable achievement.
The Wolf administration is asking for public input to help a new task force that the governor and auditor general are heading up to explore ways to make Pennsylvania schools safer and more secure.Read More »
- Pa. Gaming Control Board to accept interactive gaming petitions
- Most serious charges dropped in Beta Theta Pi hazing death
- March 14 is now "Saquon Barkley Day"
- House votes to trim Legislature, but bill's fate is unclear
- PennDOT, DEP seek volunteers for statewide spring cleanup
- Wolf wants gift ban, no pay for officials in budget standoff
- Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- Allentown's St. Patrick's Day parade to be held Sunday
- Law enforcement on lookout for impaired drivers this weekend
- State police respond to incident in Berks County
- Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
- Copperhead Grille chefs share tasty recipes with 69 News
- Bagpipe players give musical performance at 69 News studio
- Allentown hurlers give demonstration of the sport for 69 News