Hundreds of workers representing FirstEnergy, PECO, and PPL are still in Florida, helping to restore full power more than a week after Hurricane Irma stormed through the Sunshine State.
In addition to working 16-hour days, the crews have met some characters who have blown up the internet with viral videos and photos.
"One of the side benefits that we receive from doing this kind of work is that a lot of the customers are very, very appreciative," said Kurt Blumenau, a PPL spokesman.
One grateful guy, for instance, told workers they could take his Dodge Charger for a spin. They politely declined.
Another woman who really wanted power posted on Facebook a picture of herself holding a sign that read, "Hot single female seeks sexy lineman to electrify her life."
Soon enough, the lights were back on, although not because of her photo.
"Thank you for helping with the restoration of our power!" Janet Bleich of Fort Myers, Florida, posted on Met-Ed's Facebook page. "It is a mess down here... I certainly hope that we are spared any more for a while."
A Pennsylvania lawmaker who is the subject of a protective order against him by another lawmaker over claims he was violent and abusive toward her announced Wednesday he won't run for re-election.Read More »
- Senate approves bill to protect domestic violence victims
- Pa. Senate OKs bill to toughen gun laws in domestic cases
- Crash blocks WB Pa. Turnpike beyond Reading interchange
- Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- New legislation aims for tougher laws against pet stores
- Too-young lieutenant governor candidate ordered off ballot
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- Updated Snow days equal shortened spring break, longer school year
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Allentown
- Updated Health Beat: Out of options: New valve saves hearts