HARRISBURG, Pa. - Felony charges have been placed against five child predators in Northeast Pennsylvania.
Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced the charges Wednesday, after each individual was caught in an online operation by the Office of Attorney General's Child Predator Section.
The five defendants were arrested after attempting to meet Office of Attorney General agents online who posed as 14-year-old minors. The Attorney General says the accused predators solicited sex from an undercover agent pretending to be a minor child in separate incidents.
“My office will prosecute anyone who preys on children to the fullest extent of the law,” Attorney General Shapiro said.
The five arrests were part of an overall investigation that led to the charges against 11 defendants on various child predator offenses.
The five arrested on charges of unlawful contact with a minor, criminal use of a communication facility, and related offenses include Brian Boehm, 33, of Wallingford, Connecticut; Ryan Brislin, 35, of Wilkes Barre; Joseph Ciccone, 35, of Bushkill; Mark Centeno, 27, of Scranton; Renchie Cainglet, 33, of Edwardsville. Bails range from $35,000 to $500,000.
- Fugitive Shawn Christy arrested in Mifflin Township, Ohio
- Pennsylvania jobless rate hits 18-year low
- PA gas companies merge into UGI Utilities, Inc.
- First Pennsylvania county buys voting machines under new state standards
- Grants and rebates for electric vehicle charging stations announced
- Gunman dead in shooting at judge's office in western Pa.
- Hunterdon County Prosecutor: Man, woman killed in murder-suicide
- Lehigh Valley ride honors police officers killed in line of duty
- Hundreds light up the night at the annual Leukemia and Lymphoma Society walk
- Police arrest man who allegedly robbed Hellertown BB&T Bank
- Special Olympics football, cheerleading clinic creates bonds
- Police asking for public's help in investigation into fatal Stroud Township crash
- Woman injured in Allentown shooting
- Man with arrest warrant for alleged sexual assault of minors seen in Solebury Township
- Parts of Reading under boil water advisory
- Hackettstown authorities rescue hunter who fell into sewer drain