HEIDELBERG TWP., Pa. - A Lebanon County family had been preparing for a child's birthday; now they're preparing his funeral.
Around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, police said the two-year-old boy was in his driveway in the 400 block of North Market Street, when he was hit and killed by a fuel truck that was backing into the driveway.
Officials said the man behind the wheel was the boy's father, 36-year-old Meryle Ray Sensenig.
Police have ruled this death an accident.
Neighbors the boy died just before his third birthday.
"It's just devastating. We see the children every day," said Marlin Martin, a neighbor.
Martin said he sold the home to the family, and what has happened is heartbreaking. "They're just wonderful neighbors. We're all devastated, the whole neighborhood is," he said.
69 News was told that the father, Sensenig, had come home from work early and was parking the truck. He was supposedly planning a trip, but instead will be planning his son's funeral.
"Just a friendly little boy. He always waved so yes, we will miss him," said Martin.
Police haven't released the little boy's name.
Pennsylvania driver's licenses that are compliant with tougher federal anti-terrorism standards should be available in early 2019, according to Gov. Tom Wolf's office.Read More »
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Updated Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- History's Headlines: Baseball at Bethlehem Steel
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown