PENSACOLA, Fla. - A Lancaster County mother who was thought to be dead after she went missing in 2002 is now in a Panhandle jail.
Brenda Heist is being held without bond at the Santa Rosa County jail for a probation violation.
Investigators launched an extensive search for Heist after she dropped her children off at school in 2002 and disappeared.
Heist, now 53, went to the Key Largo police last month and told them she had decided to walk away from her family more than 10 years ago and that she was considered a missing person.
She was on probation in the Panhandle for using someone else's identification during a traffic stop.
Some of the schools in Pennsylvania's 14-university system of higher education may get pink slips..Read More »
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather