STRASBURG, Pa. - Authorities say autopsies have confirmed that a Pennsylvania mother shot her two young children and then herself before the bodies were found in their burning home.
Dr. Stephen Diamantoni, the Lancaster County coroner, ruled the deaths of 40-year-old Carola Arnau and her two children a murder-suicide after autopsies Wednesday morning.
He says Arnau shot her 10-year-old daughter multiple times in the head and her 4-year-old son multiple times in the body.
Emergency responders called to the Strasburg home at about 3:20 a.m. Tuesday found the bodies in their beds in a bedroom. The family dog was also found dead. Officials said the fire was deliberately set.
District Attorney Craig Stedman told reporters Tuesday that the "only small comfort" was that the children appeared to have been shot in their sleep.
There are a lot of proposals coming from lawmakers in Harrisburg and possible legislation aimed at preventing mass shootings in the commonwealth.Read More »
- 'Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek to keynote Pa. business dinner
- Wolf administration helps 2,000 hurricane victims in Pennsylvania
- Sen. Toomey eyes reviving gun background check legislation
- Hundreds of hurricane evacuees seek support in Berks
- After Berks discovery, spotted lanternfly threatens Maryland
- Sands Bethlehem submits winning bid to build mini-casino in Mercer County
- Updated Much cooler with rain today, possible ice for some later tonight
- Updated Northeast Extension south closed after crash in Lehigh Tunnel
- ASD holds community forum on school safety
- Fairgrounds Square owner: 'Mall needs to be demolished'
- Mayor Ed Pawlowski takes stand in jovial mood, says 'not guilty'
- Allentown Council OKs more off-campus housing in West End
- Security tops Reading School District agenda
- DA: Threats against Governor Mifflin High School unfounded
- Allentown committee discusses off-campus housing
- Jack-knifed tractor trailer snarls traffic on I-78 westbound