BELLEFONTE, Pa. - Criminal charges are being refiled in connection with the hazing death of Penn State student Timothy Piazza.
Eighteen students were initially charged in the February death of 19-year-old Piazza from Hunterdon County, New Jersey.
Piazza died after excessive drinking and a fall at the Beta Theta Pi frat house.
A judge threw out aggravated assault and involuntary manslaughter counts against eight of the defendants.
Those were the most serious charges brought in the case.
Now, the commonwealth "resurrected every single count for involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault." The next step in the legal process isn't immediately clear.
- Fire at Chester County senior facility sparks investigation
- State troopers hold card drive for Cpl. Seth Kelly
- Pennsylvania unemployment rate at lowest in 10 years
- Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ridge recovering from heart attack
- Mike Pries announces run for Congress in Pennsylvania
- Claims of delay tactics in Pennsylvania redistricting case
- Occasional rain and increasingly windy Saturday into Saturday night
- Updated Lehigh University defeats Lafayette College 38-31
- Updated 2017 Reading Holiday Parade winners announced
- Updated AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism