LANCASTER, Pa. - Lancaster County authorities have put a picture with their description of the car whose driver is being sought in a hit-and-run crash that injured 14 students aboard a school bus.
The photo, officials said, was captured by a surveillance camera shortly after the crash, which happened Wednesday morning on Route 30, just east of Route 896, in East Lampeter Township.
The driver of the car, believed to be a Chevy Malibu, caused the crash when he illegally passed two tractor trailers and their escort vehicles, according to District Attorney Craig Stedman. The light-colored sedan then fled east on Route 30.
The impact of the crash pushed the bus onto its side. As of Thursday morning, all but two of the 14 injured students had been treated at area hospitals and released. A 6-year-old student continues to be treated for serious injuries, the DA said.
Anyone with information about the car or its driver is asked to call East Lampeter police at 717-291-4676. Police are also looking for help from any tractor trailer drivers with dash-cams who were in the area between 7:45 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Wednesday.
The Christmas season is officially underway in Harrisburg.Read More »
- Sandusky's son sentenced to prison for sexual abuse of girls
- Restoring charges considered in frat death case
- Over 50 potential witnesses to testify against Pawlowski
- Governor modifies school test system
- Sheetz testing blue lights to deter drug use in restrooms
- Judge could decide if raccoons deserve cruelty protection
- Fire damages several homes, structures in Wilson
- Allentown family searching for answers after pet dog was shot and killed
- Basketball fundraiser benefits charity that gives free haircuts to people with autism
- PHOTOS: The first snowfall of the season
- Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- FBI assisted police with incident at Parkland High School
- Saturday's snow exceeds expectations
- Excitement and cheer fill the North Pole Express
- Temperatures drop overnight, accidents reported across the region
- Husband charged in death of North Catasauqua woman