LANCASTER, Pa. - Lancaster County authorities have put a picture with their description of the car whose driver is being sought in a hit-and-run crash that injured 14 students aboard a school bus.
The photo, officials said, was captured by a surveillance camera shortly after the crash, which happened Wednesday morning on Route 30, just east of Route 896, in East Lampeter Township.
The driver of the car, believed to be a Chevy Malibu, caused the crash when he illegally passed two tractor trailers and their escort vehicles, according to District Attorney Craig Stedman. The light-colored sedan then fled east on Route 30.
The impact of the crash pushed the bus onto its side. As of Thursday morning, all but two of the 14 injured students had been treated at area hospitals and released. A 6-year-old student continues to be treated for serious injuries, the DA said.
Anyone with information about the car or its driver is asked to call East Lampeter police at 717-291-4676. Police are also looking for help from any tractor trailer drivers with dash-cams who were in the area between 7:45 a.m. and 8 a.m. on Wednesday.
Daylight hasn't made traveling along the Pennsylvania Turnpike any easier for tractor-trailer drivers.Read More »
- Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- New legislation aims for tougher laws against pet stores
- Too-young lieutenant governor candidate ordered off ballot
- Driver arrested after interstate chase through 4 counties
- Interest strong in running for Congress in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania's new congressional districts are here to stay
- Updated WATCH: Matt Broderick's 11 a.m. forecast
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- LANTA to run on modified scheduled Wednesday
- Updated Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- Updated Crash blocks WB Pa. Turnpike beyond Reading interchange
- Updated BARTA buses rolling through storm; most Bieber buses idled
- Bethlehem's Second Avenue will be narrowed: Council
- Parkland enrollment up, requests more staff
- US Senate confirms top prosecutor for Pa.'s Eastern District
- Department of Labor sues East Penn Manufacturing