ALLENTOWN, Pa. - U.S. Rep. Charlie Dent thanked his family, friends and other supporters as he prepares to retire from Congress next year.
Dent spoke at the Renaissance Allentown Hotel at an event originally meant to announce his retirement from Congress after seven terms, but he confirmed his retirement last week after someone leaked his plans to not seek an eighth term.
Dent said he had been thinking about leaving Congress for several years but finally made the decision this summer.
A two-year, $148 million expansion just got the green light.Read More »
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Local small businesses receive upgrades thanks to $1M grant
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Updated Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris