HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett has signed a new state budget.
Corbett signed the $27.7 billion budget in the Capitol rotunda just minutes before the 2011-12 fiscal year expired at midnight Saturday.
The bill also means potential good news for Allentown's hockey arena.
The $220 million project has been delayed for months since Allentown's suburbs sued because some of their tax money is going toward construction.
A bill inside the budget would take all suburban tax dollars out of the equation.
Opponents have indicated they will drop the lawsuit if the bill passes.
"So it's Allentown-based only. No surrounding municipalities have to put any of their earned income tax into the project. And if anyone has up to this point, they are to get it back," Boscola said.
Members of the House and Senate worked late into the night Saturday to approve all the legislation that must accompany general appropriations bill that was passed Friday.
The signing ceremony came after lawmakers overwhelmingly approved the Republican governor's biggest legislative priority, tax credits to entice the construction of a new petrochemical refinery.
President will sign executive order ahead of Harrisburg rally.Read More »
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Medical marijuana licensing draws hundreds of applicants
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Fight brews in Pennsylvania Senate over Planned Parenthood
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading