HARRISBURG, Pa. - Gov. Tom Corbett and more than 100 political supporters are planning to gather at a southwestern Pennsylvania resort for a weekend event being headlined by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
The event at the Bedford Springs Resort is an opportunity for the Republican governor's supporters to discuss the upcoming campaign and enjoy speeches by Christie, U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey and conservative commentator Fred Barnes, said Corbett's campaign manager, Mike Barley.
Corbett's preparing for his 2014 re-election bid. He's facing headwinds, with lackluster support in independent polls and an administration that's trying to re-tool following the collapse of his major agenda items in the Republican-controlled Legislature.
About a half-dozen Democrats are planning to seek the party nomination to challenge Corbett. Pennsylvania's best-known Democrats, including U.S. Sen. Bob Casey, aren't running.
Pennsylvania driver's licenses that are compliant with tougher federal anti-terrorism standards should be available in early 2019, according to Gov. Tom Wolf's office.Read More »
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival