STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Joe Paterno's halo over Happy Valley is no more.
Artists have painted over the halo above Joe Paterno on a famous mural at Penn State.
Painter Michael Pilato said he removed the halo in the wake of the Freeh report.
The halo had been originally added to the popular mural after Paterno's death earlier this year.
However, a blue ribbon symbolizing support for child abuse victims remains on Paterno's jacket.
Some of the schools in Pennsylvania's 14-university system of higher education may get pink slips..Read More »
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Boscov: An American Story