HERSHEY, Pa. - The Hershey Company said it's launching a new chocolate bar in three Chinese cities next month, followed by a wider distribution next year.
The company said it will mark the first new brand it's launched outside the United States in its nearly 120-year history. The new candy brand will be called "Lancaster" and will be launched in the cities of Wuhan, Hangzhou and Chengdu in June.
The brand was created in the company's innovation labs and did very well in consumer testing, company officials said.
Hershey said China is a priority market and will play a big role in the company's goal of reaching $10 billion in worldwide net sales by 2017.
Pennsylvania State Police say a missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl and her father - a suspect in a homicide - have been found.Read More »
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M
- Republicans eye revenue assumptions in Wolf's budget
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition