DERRY TWP., Pa. - The Hershey Co. plans to tears down part of the chocolate factory built by founder Milton Hershey.
The chocolate company is seeking permission from Derry Township officials to tear down part of the former factory, although the iconic smokestacks and much of the building's office space would remain intact.
The Derry Township Design Review Board will hold a hearing next week on the plans for the factory located at 19 East Chocolate Avenue.
The demolition proposal comes on the heels of the company's move to new facilities across town.
A Pennsylvania man is in the money after setting a record on "The Price is Right" game show.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- Updated One man killed in fatal Cherryville Road crash in Allen Twp.
- Updated Passing showers but more seasonable Friday
- Updated PPL deploying smarter technology
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Strawberries are ripe for picking in Northampton County
- Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Updated Study: Tourism generates $2 billion annually in the Lehigh Valley
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers crash victim as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law