HERSHEY, Pa. - The flagship Hershey's Chocolate World attraction drew more than two million people this summer, a record for the facility that opened 40 years ago.
Hershey's said attendance at the Chocolate World in Hershey was up eight percent over last year.
The company said it sold more than one million pounds of chocolate there, and about 175,000 people created their own custom candy bars.
Hershey's Chocolate Worlds are also located in New York City, Chicago, Niagara Falls, New York, Singapore, Shanghai and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Another is planned for Las Vegas.
Pennsylvania's top prosecutor estimates that legal bills stemming from his convicted predecessor's actions cost about $3.6 million.Read More »
- Republicans eye revenue assumptions in Wolf's budget
- Snow geese migrating earlier due to milder temps
- Local business skeptical of Wolf's proposal to raise minimum wage
- Wolf could secure minimum wage hike, with big concession
- Volunteers build osprey platforms at Beltzville Lake
- Penn State revokes fraternity recognition over student's death
- Updated Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall
- Phillipsburg town officials need to make a decision ASAP when it comes to mold
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University