MIDDLETOWN, Pa. - Historians are trying to solve a mystery in central Pennsylvania.
A hidden room and tunnel were discovered inside a home that was being demolished in Middletown, Dauphin County, near Harrisburg.
Some believe the secret room was used as a safe haven for slaves, and as a speak-easy.
Officials with the Pennsylvania Museum Commission say they think the home was built in the 1870's as a saloon and the hidden room was used as a cold storage area.
Four police departments in our area are now investigating the same type of crime.Read More »
- More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- PSP: Mom used girl's breath to start car with DUI device
- Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Christie set to unveil final budget proposal as governor
- Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Life Lessons: Does your body language say you are leadership material?
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Local tree service companies face busy week after storm
- Technical error costs company BASD contract
- Berks County withdraws support of 2017 Reading 120 bicycle race