SLATINGTON, Pa. - Northampton Area High School graduate, Jason Ruff, has announced his candidacy for Pennsylvania State House of Representatives.
If elected, he will represent district 183, which includes Allen, Lehigh, South Whitehall, Washington, and Whitehall townships.
Ruff is a small business owner of Charlotte Fay's Main Street Diner in Slatington and a board member of the Northern Lehigh Chamber of Commerce. He's currently the vice president of Slatington borough council and the chair of the human and community services committee, according to a news release.
"The citizens of the district deserve strong and passionate leadership and representation and a strong voice on their behalf in Harrisburg. For too long, they have not been heard or represented and Jason Ruff is running to change that," the news release stated.
A two-year, $148 million expansion just got the green light.Read More »
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Local small businesses receive upgrades thanks to $1M grant
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Updated Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Man arrested for robbing Allentown Domino's at gunpoint
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting