Pennsylvania's Department of Labor is looking for ways to entice job seekers and employers to use JobGateway, a job matching web site for people across the commonwealth.
"We average about 200,000 job postings at JobGateway on any given month. None of the job postings on JobGateway are more than 60 days old," said Julia Hearthway, Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry.
The site is free and lists information for both employers and job seekers including a virtual interview experience.
"A person will come online and interview you and you can tape yourself using your iPad or your computers, and you can replay your interview...see how you did," said Hearthway.
The site itself has been around since July 2012 but with so many tweaks and changes, the Department of Labor is now finally ready to push the site out into communities around the commonwealth, starting at colleges and universities.
"The site that existed before was awful, it was awful. It was bureaucratic, it was slow, it wasn't very effective and we've been changing it so that we think it is extremely effective tool," said Hearthway.
So effective, according to the Department of Labor, the site has about a million hits each month and the number of registered users has gone from the hundreds to close to 400,000.
"We also want to hit some technical schools so we're doing what we can to make it to accessible everybody so everybody is aware of it," said Hearthway.
Pennsylvania State Police say a missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl and her father - a suspect in a homicide - have been found.Read More »
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M
- Republicans eye revenue assumptions in Wolf's budget
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition