HARRISBURG, Pa. - A Pennsylvania judge has denied a request by former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky for a new trial.
Sandusky contends he didn't get a fair shot at trial because his lawyers didn't do good enough job fighting for him back in 2012.
He also said prosecutors didn't disclose enough information about victims changing their stories.
Sandusky said those factors led to him being convicted on 45 charges. He's currently serving a sentence of 30 to 60 years after being convicted of abusing 10 boys.
Last year, the now 73-year-old took the stand in his appeal hearing to try and get the charges tossed or get another crack at trial.
"We achieved justice for the victims in this case and are confident that these convictions will continue to stand," Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro said after the judge announced his ruling. "Hopefully, today's decision will allow the victims of Mr. Sandusky to live their lives knowing that this serial sexual abuser will remain behind bars. We will continue to fight to defend the jury’s verdict."
Sandusky was charged in 2011 for allegations going back more than a decade, including molesting a boy in a Penn State football team shower.
Three other former Penn state officials were sentenced to jail time for not reporting the alleged abuse.
A two-year, $148 million expansion just got the green light.Read More »
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Pa. Senate leaders, US congressmen sue over district map
- Local small businesses receive upgrades thanks to $1M grant
- Commissioner: Pa. plans to eliminate county-owned homes
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Degas painting missing for 9 years found outside Paris
- Florida governor speaks out on Parkland shooting