A few local companies got a shout-out from Governor Tom Corbett Friday.
It was all part of the 2014 Impact Awards which highlight Pennsylvania businesses that boost the state economy.
Several local companies took home prizes.
B Braun Medical, based in Northampton County, took home the Community Impact award and Sam Adams Brewery, in Lehigh County, was honored for creating jobs.
A full list of winners is available here.
Pennsylvania driver's licenses that are compliant with tougher federal anti-terrorism standards should be available in early 2019, according to Gov. Tom Wolf's office.Read More »
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Updated Crash in Penn Twp. closes Rt. 183 in both directions
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose