HARRISBURG, Pa. - A Dauphin County commissioner for more than 12 years announced Thursday his run for Congress in Pennsylvania's 15th District.
If elected, Mike Pries would serve families living in all of Lehigh County and parts of Berks, Dauphin, Lebanon, and Northampton counties.
"As Dauphin County commissioner and a local government leader... I have put the needs of hardworking families first and have never raised property taxes," Pries said in an opinion editorial.
Pries said he prides himself on creating a business-friendly climate, keeping low taxes, and providing incentives for growth and opportunity. He also said he'll go to work each day with the one mission of "putting families first."
"I'm pro-life, pro-family and stand firmly behind the values that founded our county," Pries said. "Most importantly, I'm a father who will go to work each day as your congressman to fight for your family and our children's future."
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf has signed a bill guaranteeing state-level funding for a popular children's health insurance program, and urges Congress to renew federal funding.Read More »
- Grand jury: Penn State showed 'shocking apathy' to drinking
- Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- 'Meat-farm' dogs given 2nd chance at life, up for adoption
- Police: Estranged husband kills wife, self on PSU campus
- Allentown State Hospital closer to sale of its grounds
- Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Bethlehem Police identify man accused of shooting ex-girlfriend, her new boyfriend
- Mother of fallen Berks serviceman speaks at Wreaths Across America
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial