He has a gold medal, but now he wants a seat in Congress.
Marty Nothstein has entered the race for Pennsylvania's 15th District, which includes Berks, Dauphin, Lebanon, Lehigh, and Northampton counties.
Nothstein, a Republican, hopes to take over the seat from fellow Republican Charlie Dent, who is retiring after his term expires next year.
Nothstein won Olympic gold at the 2000 Sydney Games.
Two Republican state representatives are also in the running along with a Democrat who previously served as a Lehigh County commissioner.
- 5 Schuylkill County boroughs, townships nominated as Opportunity Zones
- 6 face felony charges in relation to stealing $336K from Pa. agency
- Local counties receive funding for summer internship programs
- Legislation promotes redevelopment of vacant factory buildings
- Debate continues if legislators or citizens should draw districts
- Democrats, Republicans join forces to tackle climate change
- Coroner identifies woman found dead in Monroe County
- Bloomsburg mayor accused of soliciting prostitutes
- Food Truck food drive draws a crowd
- WFMZ & Dorney Park Team Up For 2nd Food Truck Food Drive For Second Harvest
- Police investigating shots fired at Allentown tattoo shop
- State police seeking information on jewelry theft in Bucks County
- Funeral for Barbara Bush held Saturday
- History's Headlines: Charles Ellet: Bridge builder, warrior, Pennsylvanian
- Easton resident finds drawers disturbed after letting in fake water company employee
- Holistic health coach talks Spring detox diet