He has a gold medal, but now he wants a seat in Congress.
Marty Nothstein has entered the race for Pennsylvania's 15th District, which includes Berks, Dauphin, Lebanon, Lehigh, and Northampton counties.
Nothstein, a Republican, hopes to take over the seat from fellow Republican Charlie Dent, who is retiring after his term expires next year.
Nothstein won Olympic gold at the 2000 Sydney Games.
Two Republican state representatives are also in the running along with a Democrat who previously served as a Lehigh County commissioner.
- Fire at Chester County senior facility sparks investigation
- State troopers hold card drive for Cpl. Seth Kelly
- Pennsylvania unemployment rate at lowest in 10 years
- Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ridge recovering from heart attack
- Mike Pries announces run for Congress in Pennsylvania
- Claims of delay tactics in Pennsylvania redistricting case
- Updated STREAMING LIVE: Lehigh vs. Lafayette football game
- Occasional rain and increasingly windy Saturday into Saturday night
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- Updated $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- 69 News crew enjoys Reading Holiday Parade
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Bangor and Pen Argyl football alumni face off again for charity