JACKSON TWP., Pa. - Thirteen minutes: Pennsylvania State Police said that's all the time it took for three men to steal three side-by-side off-road vehicles and a trailer.
"There's a lot of money that somebody was able to get in a short amount of time," said PSP Trooper David Beohm, a public information officer for Reading-based Troop L.
The theft happened around 2 a.m. Sunday at Off Road Motorsports in Jackson Township, Lebanon County. State police said the men also stole a truck from a nearby house and hooked it up to the trailer. They said the guys were last seen heading east on Route 422, toward Berks County.
"This wasn't an amateur that did this, for it to go down that quickly," Beohm said. "Thirteen minutes isn't a lot of time."
Authorities said the thieves also broke into a company truck. Now, store owner Jordan Waybright is dealing with a nightmare.
"I'm confused. I'm lost. I can't even put it into words," said Waybright, who is offering $10,000 in cash to whomever can help bring back three side-by-sides and trailer. "It's emotionally disturbing. A lot of work goes into buying these ATVs, getting them here, cleaning them up, getting them on our showroom to sell."
Waybright said it's more than just having the two Polaris Razors and the Can-Am Commander back in the showroom. It's about his livelihood.
"I'm an honest man," said Waybright. "I work hard for everything here, pay my bills, pay my taxes on time and these guys just come in and they violate us."
Governor Tom Wolf says recent flooding has turned Pennsylvania into a disaster zone.Read More »
- Pennsylvania's unemployment rate hits new post-recession low
- Vatican condemns reported sex abuse by Pennsylvania priests
- FBI seeks individual for sexual exploitation investigation
- Child USA reacts to grand jury report on church sexual abuse
- SNAP responds to grand jury report on church sexual abuse
- Grand jury report on church sexual abuse released
- Person of interest sought in theft of multiple vehicles, Nazareth police say
- Marty Nothstein denies claims about alleged sexual misconduct
- US Marshals still on the lookout for fugitive Shawn Christy
- No cause found for fire before collapse, firefighter deaths
- Second rabid skunk found in Allentown
- New cookie dough store opens in Lehigh Valley mall
- Drew and the Blue plays for 69 News, will perform at Riverfest
- History's Headlines: The wreck of the vigilant
- 69 News gets taste of food to be served at Berks County Riverfest
- Stretch of I-476 northbound reopens in Montgomery County following crash