HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania election officials said there's no evidence to back up a claim that more than 100,000 noncitizen immigrants had been registered to vote in the state.
Election officials were responding Wednesday to a conservative group's lawsuit seeking access to records of Pennsylvania's efforts to remove noncitizen immigrants from voter registration lists.
The state acknowledged in 2016 that a glitch in Pennsylvania's electronic driver's licensing system mistakenly let noncitizen immigrants register to vote.
The lawsuit was filed Monday. It cites the December testimony of a Republican election official from Philadelphia, who said the state had initially found more than 100,000 matches of voter records with driver license numbers that had a noncitizen designation.
But the official also testified that the actual number could only be thousands or tens of thousands.
The state said it's fixed the registration problem.
The Pennsylvania Senate has given its unanimous approval to a bill to force people with a domestic violence ruling against them to more quickly give up their firearms.Read More »
- Crash blocks WB Pa. Turnpike beyond Reading interchange
- Speed, travel restrictions in place on Pa. Turnpike, major highways
- New legislation aims for tougher laws against pet stores
- Too-young lieutenant governor candidate ordered off ballot
- Driver arrested after interstate chase through 4 counties
- Interest strong in running for Congress in Pennsylvania
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (1 p.m.)
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (1 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (1 p.m.)
- Updated 69 News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County (1 p.m.)
- Updated Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (noon)
- Updated Pa. Senate OKs bill to toughen gun laws in domestic cases
- Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- Updated Crash blocks WB Pa. Turnpike beyond Reading interchange