HARRISBURG, Pa. - The Pennsylvania House of Representatives has unanimously passed a bill to rename part of Route 422 in honor of a fallen sheriff's deputy.
The bill would name 422, from Route 724 to the west end of Robesonia, the "Kyle D. Pagerly Memorial Highway."
Kyle's widow Alecia and his daughter Savannah were at the Capitol for Wednesday's vote.
Pagerly was shot and killed last June while trying to serve a warrant in Albany Township.
The bill now heads to the state Senate.
Pennsylvania's top prosecutor estimates that legal bills stemming from his convicted predecessor's actions cost about $3.6 million.Read More »
- Republicans eye revenue assumptions in Wolf's budget
- Snow geese migrating earlier due to milder temps
- Local business skeptical of Wolf's proposal to raise minimum wage
- Wolf could secure minimum wage hike, with big concession
- Volunteers build osprey platforms at Beltzville Lake
- Penn State revokes fraternity recognition over student's death
- Updated Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday
- Updated Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University