HARRISBURG, Pa. - The Pennsylvania House of Representatives has unanimously passed a bill to rename part of Route 422 in honor of a fallen sheriff's deputy.
The bill would name 422, from Route 724 to the west end of Robesonia, the "Kyle D. Pagerly Memorial Highway."
Kyle's widow Alecia and his daughter Savannah were at the Capitol for Wednesday's vote.
Pagerly was shot and killed last June while trying to serve a warrant in Albany Township.
The bill now heads to the state Senate.
Pennsylvania driver's licenses that are compliant with tougher federal anti-terrorism standards should be available in early 2019, according to Gov. Tom Wolf's office.Read More »
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic