HARRISBURG, Pa. - The Department of Labor & Industry says Pennsylvania's unemployment rate fell to its lowest level in five years in May.
The state jobless rate stands at 5.6%, which is the lowest it's been since September, 2008. It's also seven-tenths of a percentage point below the national unemployment rate.
The state rate was down 1.9 percentage points from its May 2013 rate of 7.5%.
Pennsylvania's 2018 race for U.S. Senate is getting underway.Read More »
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated Work to repair extensive storm damage in Berks continues
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Updated Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Police allegedly find illegal guns after complaint about loose dog
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin for Muhlenberg man
- Gov. Christie set to unveil his final New Jersey budget