Pennsylvania Rep. Justin Simmons told 69 News he's "strongly considering" running for U.S. House.
If the Republican lawmaker decides to throw his hat into the ring, he would be running against fellow Republican Charlie Dent.
Simmons called Dent "America's most liberal Republican."
"On every major issue from Obamacare repeal, tax reform, spending; Dent sides with the Democrats and gloats at sticking it to Republicans and the president," he said. "Frankly, I have had enough of Charlie Dent attacking Republican policies..."
He told 69 News he is "90 percent there" in his decision to run against Dent.
Simmons is serving his fourth term in the state House, representing parts of Lehigh, Montgomery, and Northampton counties.
A local company has reached an agreement with the Federal Trade Commission to stop making false claims that the products it sells are all, or virtually all, made in the United States.Read More »
- State launches interactive database to help with opioid crisis
- Bill to trim about quarter of Pa. House districts advances
- Bill Cosby holds public performance in Philadelphia
- Construction begins to replace Main Street Bridge in Bucks County
- Super Bowl ticket prices a hurdle for fans
- Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Updated Mt. Penn woman, 88, killed in crash on Route 422 in Exeter
- Updated Former Allentown managing director testifies his rigged bid at mayor's request
- Updated FTC orders Bollman to stop using 'Made in USA' claim
- Updated Easy Eats: Blueberry stuffed pork chop with roasted carrots
- Updated Lehigh makes indefinite ban on hard alcohol at fraternity events
- Man dies of blunt force trauma in skiing accident
- Updated Health Beat: NuPulse iVAS gives man's heart a rest
- Protected health information sent to wrong employees
- Congressman saw aide as 'soul mate,' but denies misconduct
- Increase in passengers at Lehigh Valley International Airport