Another well-known retailer is downsizing as the traditional shopping experience takes another hit and three local stores will be closing.
Payless ShoeSource said it has filed for bankruptcy and plans to close about 400 stores nationwide.
That includes the Payless locations at the Phillipsburg Mall in Warren County, New Jersey, the Wind Gap Plaza in Northampton County, and the Montgomery Square shopping center in Montgomery County.
Payless is the latest retailer to succumb to increasing competition from online rivals like Amazon.
President will sign executive order ahead of Harrisburg rally.Read More »
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Medical marijuana licensing draws hundreds of applicants
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Fight brews in Pennsylvania Senate over Planned Parenthood
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- Updated President Trump to sign executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Updated First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading