Another well-known retailer is downsizing as the traditional shopping experience takes another hit and three local stores will be closing.
Payless ShoeSource said it has filed for bankruptcy and plans to close about 400 stores nationwide.
That includes the Payless locations at the Phillipsburg Mall in Warren County, New Jersey, the Wind Gap Plaza in Northampton County, and the Montgomery Square shopping center in Montgomery County.
Payless is the latest retailer to succumb to increasing competition from online rivals like Amazon.
- Deadline looms: Pa. court has until Monday to pick new map
- New maps could improve Democrats' chances in Pennsylvania
- So many maps, so little time: Redistricting debate continues
- State office candidates address Berks Patriots
- Pa. Democrats submit map in state gerrymandering case
- Pa. Supreme Court to seek new map in gerrymandering case
- Updated A few showers later today but another spring-like surge awaits
- Updated Man killed in crash on Route 422 in Reading
- Allentown defeats Reading in 13th annual Battle of the Badges hockey game
- Updated Woman killed, husband injured in Hamburg domestic incident
- Updated Pa. Supreme Court to unveil new congressional map
- Updated Man charged with aggravated assault in Red Hill incident
- Allentown bests Reading 3-2 in Battle of the Badges hockey game
- Teen rescued from cave after becoming wedged between rocks
- Viewer Photo Gallery: Snowfall
- Reading ceremony commemorates USS Maine sinking