LEACOCK TWP., Pa. - A police chase ended when a motorcycle officers were pursuing crashed into a tractor trailer.
The incident happened Sunday just after 3 a.m. in Leacock Township, Lancaster County.
State police say a motorcyclist they attempted to pull over failed to stop in the 400 block of East Newport Road.
Police say a pursuit began and continued onto Route 340 west.
The motorcyclist, a 22-year-old man, then turned around near Route 896 and traveled east on Route 340.
The motorcycle then struck a tractor trailer between Mill Creek Road and Lynwood Road.
Police say he was transported to a local hospital and is being treated for serious injuries.
Pennsylvania State Police say a missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl and her father - a suspect in a homicide - have been found.Read More »
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Attorney general says costs related to Kane reached $3.6M
- Republicans eye revenue assumptions in Wolf's budget
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Updated Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Updated Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track