LEACOCK TWP., Pa. - A police chase ended when a motorcycle officers were pursuing crashed into a tractor trailer.
The incident happened Sunday just after 3 a.m. in Leacock Township, Lancaster County.
State police say a motorcyclist they attempted to pull over failed to stop in the 400 block of East Newport Road.
Police say a pursuit began and continued onto Route 340 west.
The motorcyclist, a 22-year-old man, then turned around near Route 896 and traveled east on Route 340.
The motorcycle then struck a tractor trailer between Mill Creek Road and Lynwood Road.
Police say he was transported to a local hospital and is being treated for serious injuries.
Pennsylvania driver's licenses that are compliant with tougher federal anti-terrorism standards should be available in early 2019, according to Gov. Tom Wolf's office.Read More »
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- Updated Crews respond to morning house fire in Alburtis
- Updated Police searching for man accused of robbing Allentown shop with knife
- Updated Life Lessons: Closing the word gap for toddlers
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather