MYERSTOWN, Pa. - Police on Monday released a more detailed description of a man who robbed a bank in Lebanon County last week.
The holdup happened at 9:40 a.m. on July 16 at the Northwest Savings Bank, 1 W. Main Ave., in Myerstown.
The robber handed a teller a note demanding money and then fled with an undetermined amount of cash. He was last seen running northeast on Railroad Street, wearing black pants, a white t-shirt and a black bandana tied around his head.
The robber was described as a white man, standing between 5 feet, 6 inches and 5 feet, 10 inches tall with a thin to medium build, possible acne scars and tattoos on both arms. He may be driving a "sporty" type black, older model vehicle.
Police said they are investigating similarities between the robbery in Myerstown and recent holdups in Berks, Chester and Northampton counties.
Lebanon County Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information that leads to the robber's arrest and conviction.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at Jonestown at 717-865-2194 or Lebanon County Crime Stoppers at 717-270-9800.
Sentencing has been scheduled for three former top officials at Penn State University who were convicted of child endangerment in the Jerry Sandusky molestation scandal.Read More »
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Medical marijuana licensing draws hundreds of applicants
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Fight brews in Pennsylvania Senate over Planned Parenthood
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- Lawmakers eye more changes to high school graduation exams
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon
- 88-year-young student celebrated at ESU