YORK, Pa. - A police chief in central Pennsylvania said his department's active search for a missing 7-month-old boy has been suspended.
No new information on the whereabouts of kidnapping victim Hamza Ali has surfaced, said Chief Jack Brommer, Columbia Police Dept.
Brommer said searches have included about 10 different K-9 dogs, boats and police officers from several departments.
Ummad Rushdi, the 30-year-old boyfriend of Hamza's mother, is charged with kidnapping and other offenses. Police said he told his brother he shook the child to death and then buried him somewhere.
A search was focused near Columbia because that's where Rushdi's vehicle became disabled more than a week ago, after he allegedly took the child from a home in Upper Darby Twp., Delaware Co.
Four police departments in our area are now investigating the same type of crime.Read More »
- More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- PSP: Mom used girl's breath to start car with DUI device
- Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Updated Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting
- Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients