Political pundit Terry Madonna has been following Senator Specter's career for decades.
Madonna says Specter has had the most influence on the confirmation of nominations to the U.S. Supreme Court than any other Senator in modern history.
And he said in Pennsylvania, his biggest legacy may be the least known.
"What has probably not been well publicized is the billions of dollars he brought back to the state in the form of economic and community development monies," Madonna said. "Basically the taxpayers of our state getting some of their money back for all sorts of economic and community development projects," he added.
"You won't be able to go into a community and not find some legacy of Arlen Specter as a result of the community and economic development monies," Madonna said.
Madonna said Specter also holds the record as longest-serving Senator in the state.
The agency that controls Pennsylvania's state-owned wine and liquor stores is working to lift the embargo on Cuban rum.Read More »
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Local lawmakers have mixed reactions to Trump's tax plan
- Medical marijuana licensing draws hundreds of applicants
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Fight brews in Pennsylvania Senate over Planned Parenthood
- Vehicle hits Berks apartment building; 2 families displaced
- Phantoms eliminated from playoffs
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA