LANCASTER, Pa. - A new poll shows that Tom Wolf is maintaining a 19-point lead over his closest competitor in Pennsylvania's race for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination.
Franklin & Marshall College survey results released Wednesday showed Wolf favored by 33 percent of Democratic voters, unchanged from a March survey by the same pollster.
The proportion of undecided voters dropped from 46 percent to 39 percent.
The poll showed growing support for the other candidates. But only days before Tuesday's primary, U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz had 14 percent, state Treasurer Rob McCord had 9 percent and former state environmental protection chief Katie McGinty had 5 percent.
The telephone poll of 530 Democratic voters was conducted between May 6 and Monday. It carried a sampling error margin of plus or minus 4.3 percentage points.
Republican incumbent Tom Corbett is running unopposed for his party's nomination.
A top state official says callers often waited more than two hours for service in January when they dialed Pennsylvania's unemployment compensation centers.Read More »
- Police investigating string of cell phone store robberies across the region
- More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- PSP: Mom used girl's breath to start car with DUI device
- Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Updated Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Updated Near-record warmth through Wednesday with a few showers
- Updated Live at 2 p.m.: NJ Gov. Christie unveils final budget proposal
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Road blocks: Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated Caller waits hit 2 hours at jobless centers, official says
- Updated Open house to discuss the State Hill-Berkshire Underground Transmission Line Project
- Updated UGI customers to see slight increase in gas bill
- Police arrest Hunterdon man on assault charges
- Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building