HARRISBURG, Pa. - A new poll shows Democratic nominee Tom Wolf leading Republican incumbent Tom Corbett by a formidable 20 points in Pennsylvania's gubernatorial campaign.
The survey of 1,308 Pennsylvania voters released Wednesday by Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University shows Wolf backed by 53 percent and Corbett with 33 percent. Eleven percent were undecided.
"The election is five months away, but Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett looks like easy prey for Democratic challenger Tom Wolf," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.
The margin is almost identical to Wolf's 52-to-33 percent advantage over Corbett in a hypothetical match-up by Quinnipiac in February. That was months before Wolf won the Democratic nomination with 58 percent of the vote in a four-way primary.
The poll contained little good news for Corbett. Only 29 percent of the respondents said they view him favorably, contrasted with 46 percent who said that about Wolf.
The margin of error for the telephone poll was plus or minus 2.7 percentage points.
Pennsylvania consumers could soon have far more locations to buy bottles of booze under legislation that's passed the state House.Read More »
- Lawmakers eye more changes to high school graduation exams
- Stack goes to work without police escort; Wolf mum on reason
- Wolf, treasurer push pension agencies to cut investment fees
- Pa. awarded $26.5 million to fight heroin, opioid crisis
- Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal
- Lehigh Valley talks Trump's first 100 days
- Antietam Lake improvements celebrated with ribbon cutting