HARRISBURG, Pa. - Two new independent polls reveal a major surge by Democrat Tom Wolf in Pennsylvania's race for governor following a month-long blitz of television ads.
Connecticut-based Quinnipiac University on Wednesday released a poll showing 52 percent of Pennsylvania voters would support the York businessman, compared to 33 percent for Republican Gov. Tom Corbett if the general election were held Wednesday.
The poll showed five other Democratic candidates also out-polling Corbett, but none received more than 44 percent.
"We have eight months and change and we don't know what kind of damage Democrats will inflict on each other in a primary campaign, but Wolf is the man of the hour," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute/ "Today, Gov. Corbett might tie a few possible Democratic challengers, but he beats no one."
A Franklin and Marshall College survey released Wednesday has Wolf leading in the Democratic primary race with the support of 36 percent of party members. However, the poll shows 48 percent of the Democratic voters are undecided.
Wolf, who has contributed $10 million to his campaign, has been airing TV ads since Jan. 30.
The other Democrats in the race are Allyson Schwartz, Rob McCord, John Hanger, Katie McGinty and Jo Ellen Litz.
Pennsylvania driver's licenses that are compliant with tougher federal anti-terrorism standards should be available in early 2019, according to Gov. Tom Wolf's office.Read More »
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Updated Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death