HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pollsters say a victory by any Democrat besides Tom Wolf in the primary election for Pennsylvania governor would be shocking.
So far, three polls have shown Wolf leading by at least 20 percentage points, with the most recent one from late April.
Overcoming such a large deficit is certainly possible, but pollsters Terry Madonna of Franklin and Marshall College and Christopher Borick of Muhlenberg College say they can't recall anyone mounting such a dramatic comeback in modern Pennsylvania politics in such a short period of time.
They acknowledge, however, it's more difficult to produce an accurate poll when voter turnout is low.
New polls forthcoming this week could show whether Wolf's popularity have been affected by attack ads in the four-way Democratic primary.
The election is May 20.
Four police departments in our area are now investigating the same type of crime.Read More »
- More threats against Jewish Community Centers across the nation
- National Weather Service assessing Pennsylvania storm damage
- PSP: Mom used girl's breath to start car with DUI device
- Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Updated Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting
- Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients