LOWER SWATARA TWP., Pa. - President Trump was in Pennsylvania on Wednesday, speaking nearly 45 minutes at an event near Harrisburg that was aimed at promoting his plan to overhaul taxes.
With a tractor trailer emblazoned with the words "Win Again" serving as his backdrop in Lower Swatara Township, Dauphin County, the president said his plan will be a boon to the nation's truckers.
"When your trucks are moving, America is growing," the president said. "It is time to take care of our country... and take care of our great American workers."
"It is time to take care of our country," he continued, "and take care of our great American workers."
President Trump opened his remarks, streamed live on WFMZ.com, with a tribute to the people affected by the mass shooting in Las Vegas, as well as the wildfires ravaging California and the recent hurricanes.
He said "no destructive force on earth" is more powerful than the strength and resilience of the American people.
The president was accompanied to Pennsylvania on Air Force One by Berks County Republican U.S. Rep. Lloyd Smucker,
In announcing the trip last Friday, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said President Trump would visit Hamburg, triggering a flurry of excitement among the northern Berks County borough's residents and business owners.
Sanders' office later corrected the statement to say that the president's destination would actually be Harrisburg.
The Christmas season is officially underway in Harrisburg.Read More »
- Sandusky's son sentenced to prison for sexual abuse of girls
- Restoring charges considered in frat death case
- Over 50 potential witnesses to testify against Pawlowski
- Governor modifies school test system
- Sheetz testing blue lights to deter drug use in restrooms
- Judge could decide if raccoons deserve cruelty protection
- Cold, breezy but mostly sunny Sunday, with some slick spots in the morning
- Updated Fire damages several homes, structures in Wilson
- Saturday's snow exceeds expectations
- Updated PHOTOS: The first snowfall of the season
- Basketball fundraiser benefits charity that gives free haircuts to people with autism
- Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- FBI assisted police with incident at Parkland High School
- Excitement and cheer fill the North Pole Express
- Temperatures drop overnight, accidents reported across the region
- Husband charged in death of North Catasauqua woman