HARRISBURG, Pa. - Federal safety regulators believe a hoverboard is to blame for a fire that killed two girls in Pennsylvania.
The girls, ages 10 and 3, were killed March 10 in Harrisburg. They are believed to be the first in the U.S. to die in a fire caused by a faulty hoverboard.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission on Monday announced it believes the device that sparked that deadly blaze was a LayZ Board.
The commission says owners of the device should immediately stop using it. They say more than 3,000 of the self-balancing scooters were imported to the United States from China. It can be disposed of at recycling centers.
They note the warning only applies to the LayZ Board, not the similarly named Lazyboard hoverboard.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf has signed a bill guaranteeing state-level funding for a popular children's health insurance program, and urges Congress to renew federal funding.Read More »
- Grand jury: Penn State showed 'shocking apathy' to drinking
- Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- 'Meat-farm' dogs given 2nd chance at life, up for adoption
- Police: Estranged husband kills wife, self on PSU campus
- Allentown State Hospital closer to sale of its grounds
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries
- PHOTOS: Ribbon cutting ceremony on Kenhorst Boulevard
- History's Headlines: Christmas constroversy
- Valley Forge Baptist Academy handbell choir performs Christmas classics
- Spirit of Giving: Allentown Rescue Mission
- Raszler defense attorney requests evidence from Horvath trial
- Like a real-life Hoth, Star Wars fans brave the snow
- Ashley's Angels making Christmas miracles in Berks County
- APD vs. BPD in a Christmas tree throw for charity
- Bethlehem police: Man shoots ex-girlfriend, her new boyfriend