HARRISBURG, Pa. - Pennsylvania's state inspector general said his investigators found evidence of cadet cheating, instructor misconduct and training and testing problems at the Pennsylvania State Police Academy.
Inspector General Bruce Beemer issued a 47-page report Friday on the probe.
The report said cheating was uncovered after an academy staff member found a folded, handwritten piece of paper in a hallway that was determined to be a cheat sheet containing 20 answers on a traffic law test.
The state police disclosed their investigation into cheating last February and requested the inspector general's investigation. Dozens of cadets from the 144th class were dismissed.
The inspector general's office said instructors provided cadets with answers to test questions and didn't often change the test content. It recommended instituting computer-based testing with random questions and term-limiting instructors.
"The PSP academy has invested in technology to help combat academic dishonesty. New learning management software is being adopted that will support the creation of 'test banks,' allowing for randomized exam questions for each group – eliminating the ability of cadet classes to recycle tests from a previous class," said Commissioner Tyree Blocker.
Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge has returned to his home in suburban Washington D.C., nearly a month after suffering a heart attack.Read More »
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- 'Meat-farm' dogs given 2nd chance at life, up for adoption
- Police: Estranged husband kills wife, self on PSU campus
- Allentown State Hospital closer to sale of its grounds
- Casino owners to get first shot to bid on new mini-licenses
- Pa. Legislature exits 2017 with flurry of votes, defeats
- Updated Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Updated Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Family describes Jamie Metzger's life at time of disappearance
- Health Beat: Cesium for prostate cancer
- Arts Around Town: Demkee marks 40 years as Allentown Band conductor
- Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator
- Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack