HARRISBURG, Pa. - Santa Claus has been given the all-clear to make his traditional Christmas Eve trek across Pennsylvania.
The state's veterinarian, Dr. David R. Wolfgang, announced Thursday that a team of reindeer from Alaska have been given a clean bill of health, allowing them to cross state lines and make deliveries on December 24 to "good girls and boys" in all 67 Pennsylvania counties.
"Nine very small reindeer belonging to one Santa Claus, of 25 Candy Cane Lane, were cleared for travel for the purpose of delivering toys," Wolfgang said. "Though these animals possessed some unusual physical capabilities, they were extraordinarily healthy, despite one's glaringly red nose."
Wolfgang said his counterpart in Alaska, state veterinarian Dr. Robert F. Gerlach, has supplied him with a certificate of veterinary inspection and permit to ship, valid for 30 days.
Such certificates, Wolfgang said, are required as an assurance that contagious diseases are not carried across state lines.
Police allege that 36-year-old Eric Bower had sex with a confidential informant for money several times, most recently in early April.Read More »
- 5 Schuylkill County boroughs, townships nominated as Opportunity Zones
- 6 face felony charges in relation to stealing $336K from Pa. agency
- Local counties receive funding for summer internship programs
- Legislation promotes redevelopment of vacant factory buildings
- Debate continues if legislators or citizens should draw districts
- Democrats, Republicans join forces to tackle climate change
- Body recovered near Lehigh River
- Upper Bucks residents complain of mystery explosions
- Easton, Lewisburg residents winners in the 2018 St. Luke's Half Marathon
- State police searching for man who committed armed robbery in Pike County
- Coroner identifies woman found dead in Monroe County
- Memorial service set for woman killed in Southwest flight
- Lehigh Valley Zoo celebrates Earth Day
- Several hurt after fire levels detached garage in Berks County
- People go back to the 80's to raise money for American Red Cross
- Pennsylvania Game Commission to conduct controlled fire in Berks, Schuylkill Counties Sunday